Super Bowl XLI

It's finally here. A yearly ritual of watching "the greatest sporting event" on TV. This year it is going to be between Indianapolis Colts and the Chicago Bears. A high powered Colts offense verses a super stingy Bears defense. It's a great matchup between Urlacher and the Colts running tandem and Urlacher verses Colts short passing game. I think the matchup is pretty even. I however think that the Colts will blow the Bears out of this universe by pressuring Rex "Boy am I confident!" Grossman. Rex will get rattled and he will fumble, throw interceptions and I think Rex's career is pretty much over with the Bears after the Super Bowl. I believe Colts "Cover 2" defense will confuse Senor Grossman and Dwight Freeney's pressure will cause havoc with this young, still quiet green, quarterback. I also think Thomas Jones and "Mr. Longhorn" Cedric Benson will be have an "okay" game. I believe the Bears only chance of victory will depend on Special teams. If they could some great field position, I believe the Bears running game might take advantage of the situation. I was not impressed with Colts kickoffs and punts last week verses the New England Patriots. Unless there are not any major injuries, I believe the final score will be 28 -5 Colts and the MVP is going to be the Colts defense. Anyway those are my thoughts about the Super Bowl XLI. I would love hear yours.

Comments

Rachel said…
24-13 Colts. The MVP trophy is already having Peyton Manning's name inscribed.

Dave

Popular posts from this blog

A Eulogy for my grandmother

Kashmiri memories

Looking Overseas and Beyond