I want Starbucks!!!

After living in the world comprised of Starbucks stores, it is easy to get tempted by their gourmet coffee. Gourmet Coffee? What is that? According Arabica.com, gourmet coffee is high quality coffee. Hmmm...High quality coffee I guess has a stronger coffee taste, flavor and aroma. I am also guessing that gourmet coffee is made from the best of coffee beans, roasted to perfection, and processed precisely and tastes the best.

I, personally, can taste good coffee and bad coffee. I can also tell the difference between various types of coffee. Does that make me a coffee connoisseur? Who knows?! All I know is that we as a society are marketed to get the best of everthing including the best coffee. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy my usual Starbucks Coffee, which is a grande White Chocolate Mocha with soy milk and whipped cream; but while I sit at a Starbucks store staring at pedestrians and drinking "gourmet" coffee, I wonder if I am contributing to a bigger problem...creating a society that "wants" the best and healthiest at any price.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Eulogy for my grandmother

Kashmiri memories

Looking Overseas and Beyond