Edith Piaf - "Non, Je ne regrette rien..."

Last night while I was channel surfing, I came across an Ebay commerical which was playing Edith Piaf's famous song "Non, Je ne regrette rien". I remember first hearing this song in my 10th grade French class and ever since then I have really liked Edith's song and tune. I love Edith's voice and yesterday when I heard the song again, I decided to write about that song in my blog. Here are the lyrics of the song which I got from AskLyrics.com:

Non, Rien De Rien, Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien
Ni Le Bien Qu`on M`a Fait, Ni Le Mal
Tout Ca M`est Bien Egal
Non, Rien De Rien, Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien
C`est Paye, Balaye, Oublie, Je Me Fous Du Passe


Avec Mes Souvenirs J`ai Allume Le Feu
Mes Shagrins, Mes Plaisirs,
Je N`ai Plus Besoin D`eux
Balaye Les Amours Avec Leurs Tremolos
Balaye Pour Toujours
Je Reparas A Zero


Non, Rien De Rien, Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien
Ni Le Bien Qu`on M`a Fait, Ni Le Mal
Tout Ca M`est Bien Egal
Non, Rien De Rien, Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien
Car Ma Vie, Car Me Joies
Aujourd`hui Ca Commence Avec Toi

I also remember this song playing in the movie Saving Private Ryan. The scene was touching too since it is the translator who plays the record while his team members are waiting for the Nazis to attack. The movie and Edith's song made an impression in my life and when I watched the Ebay commerical, I realized that I really like the song since I was humming it all morning. Anyway here is a video with Edith Piaf singing the song: "Non, Je ne regrette rien".

Enjoy!


Comments

Eric said…
you are a brave man. for posting that. oh my, it's awful! did someone get a hold of your blogger account and post it as a joke?
Enoch Moses said…
No joke! The song grows on you as fungus!
Hey, i remember that song from the movie. It is a pretty nice song. Too bad I don't know French or I might like it even more. Do you know the translated lyrics?

Popular posts from this blog

A Eulogy for my grandmother

Kashmiri memories

Looking Overseas and Beyond