Chili Judge

Tonight I went to an orientation meeting for Chili Cookoff Judges. Yes, my wonderful wife Michelle signed me up for this role in a regional Chili Cookoff. The meeting had around twelve judges who will judge the competition. A couple who have been competing in Chili cookoffs for the last thirteen years. They also brought a batch of chili they made for the meeting. Let me tell...It was simply Yum!!! The spices were just right, the meat was exploding with flavor and it is probably the best chili I have ever eaten (until the competition).

The competition is part of the International Chili Society (ICS) and there are a group of people who take this competition very seriously and they travel from competition to competition. Anyway this competition is going to have three cookoffs:

  1. Salsa (wide open rules where you can buy canned salsa and enter the competition)

  2. Green Chili (Green chili, white meat, vegetables, etc., etc)

  3. Red Chili (The tradition chili which looks from red to reddish brown)


If you are free on April 12th, 2008 then join me at the Chili Cookoff. You might see a Chili stuffed Enoch. See you there!

Comments

Michelle said…
Ok, I guess I can make it on that day. I'll be there.

Oh and by the way, you're the wonderful one.

Popular posts from this blog

A Eulogy for my grandmother

Kashmiri memories

Looking Overseas and Beyond