My perfect lineup

Yesterday I was watching Sunday Night Baseball game on ESPN with my high school buddy Eric. an avid Red Sox fan, The game was between Boston Red Sox and Texas Rangers at Arlington, Texas. To make the game more interesting, I was just routing against Red Sox. Anyway during the game, we talked about picking our all star team. To make it a little interesting, we decided to pick players in a batting lineup. Eric said he could just name his all star team but he couldn't come up with a lineup. I started to think about it and I realized that it is not an easy job. You cannot pick the best players since most of them are sluggers and RBI guys. I believe the perfect lineup should have speed, power, good hitting, and aggressive. Well after thinking about it for a day, here is my perfect lineup for this season:
  1. Jose Reyes (SS -NYM) - Fast, Exciting, good glove and he steals alot of bases
  2. Joe Mauer (C - Min) - Batting Champ and hardly strikes out and knows the Starting Pitcher
  3. Alex Rodriguez (3B - NYY) - Best player with decent speed
  4. Albert Pujols (1B - StL) - Best hitter and he is my RBI guy
  5. Carlos Beltran (CF - NYM) - Great protection for Pujols and he has speed if Pujols has cleared the bases
  6. Vladimir Guerrero (RF - LAA) - Amazing hitter who will move Beltran on the bases
  7. Travis Hafner (DH - Cle) - Pure power
  8. Chase Utley (2B - Phi) - Weakest hitter in this lineup
  9. Alfonso Soriano (LF - ChC) - Can be a leadoff hitter but I believe speed does well at the bottom.
Starting Pitcher - Johan Santana (SP - Min) - last year's Cy Young winner who is not hurt
Closer - Joe Nathan -(RP - Min) Picked him because he is good and he works with Joe Mauer

I think this line up is my ideal for this season. Let me know if you agree or disagree with my lineup.

Comments

Good choices Enoch. I forgot about Travis Hafner, but I still say he's no David Ortiz or Jim Thome. =]
Sr. Fab said…
If my dad was still alive, I'm sure he would have a good opinion of your line-up. I just don't follow it close enough to know.

Popular posts from this blog

A Eulogy for my grandmother

Kashmiri memories

Looking Overseas and Beyond