Lenny

Today I found out on facebook that one of the guys I used to ride the bus with in India passed away a few years ago. He was a Kenyan and he and I used to ride in the back of the school bus. His name was Leonard but he used to go by the name Lenny. The disturbing part about his death is how he did died. He died in October, 2002 at Springfield, Missouri. According to BlackPressUSA.com, Lenny was found dangling from a microwave tower. The local police stated Lenny killed himself but the evidence shows that he could have been lynched. Springfield, Missouri was known to have racial problems but it hits a bit closer when someone you knew could have been lynched. Leonard Gakinya (Lenny), it was a pleasure knowing you.

Comments

Michelle said…
it's a shame how heartless people can be.
I second that...thought the world of hate and racism was behind us...guess I'm naive :'(

Popular posts from this blog

A Eulogy for my grandmother

Kashmiri memories

Looking Overseas and Beyond