Sunday March 18th, 2007...

I know that the title is boring for a blog entry but it is hard to come up with the title for a day which is summed with numerous activities. The activities are:
  1. Went to Church and heard a sermon on Obedience
  2. Bought a Fantasy Baseball Magazine
  3. Drafted my Fantasy Baseball team while I was on the phone with my league members who are in Kansas City, Missouri. (It took 3.5 hours for the 25 rounds)
  4. Put my kids to sleep which included:
    1. brushing their teeth
    2. Giving them a bath
    3. Dressing them up for bed
    4. Reading the Bible and praying with them
    5. Putting them to sleep
  5. Burping my 6 week old baby
  6. Downloading Ruby on Rails
  7. and...now currently blogging.
So what title should I pick? Should it be:
  • A day in a Christian Father's life
  • Fantasy Baseball, Ruby on Rails, Changing Diapers and Burping newborns in a day
  • Boy I am busy and I shouldn't be writing this blog entry
  • (Please comment with your suggestion for a title for this blog entry)
Anyway as you can see, I have had a busy day. This is typical for me everyday. I have to give Kudos to my wife and to every mother with young kids. I have it a lot easier than they do.

The message was good today about Obedience which started by defining obedience and then looking at various examples of obedience. As a parent, it could get frustrating when my child is disobeying. My wife and I get frustrated but at the same time it is a constant reminder how Christ is so patient with us. His patience is exemplified when he was on the cross. He is truly precious.

Once I got home and ate lunch at our neighbors. I got on the phone and drafted my baseball team.

Here is my team (if anyone cares):
  1. Jose Reyes - SS for NY Mets - Best Shortstop in the league this year
  2. Miguel Cabrera - 3B for the Florida Marlins
  3. Brandon Webb - Ace for the Arizona Diamondbacks
  4. Joe Mauer - C for the Twins - Best Catcher in the league this year
  5. Grady Sizemore - Outfield for the Cleveland Indians (This indian is routing for him)
  6. Ben Sheets - Ace for the Brewers - Fingers crossed that he won't get hurt
  7. Huston Street - Closer for the A's
  8. Jason Schmidt - Ace for the Dodgers - Strikeout pitcher pitching in a pitcher friendly stadium
  9. Barry Zito - Ace for the Giants - Hopefully he can earn his contract with great numbers
  10. Jermaine Dye - Outfielder for the White Sox - C'mon Jermaine!!!
  11. Brian Roberts - 2B for the Orioles - Leadoff for the Orioles lineup which is quite good
  12. Jeff Kent - 2B for the Dodgers - He is listed as a 1B or 2B player. Not bad for player who will give me depth.
  13. Adam Dunn - Outfielder for the Reds - Adam don't Strikeout!!!
  14. Nick Swisher - Outfielder for the A's - He is listed as a 1B and as a Outfielder. He adds depth
  15. Derek Lowe - 2nd starter for the Dodgers - I know I pitched another dodger
  16. Andy Pettitte - Starting Pitcher for the Yankees - I am rolling "Snake Eyes"
  17. Edgar Renteria - Shortstop for the Braves - Not bad for a backup
  18. Joe Crede - 3B for the White Sox - Backup for Miguel
  19. Eric Gagne - closer for the Rangers - Please don't get hurt but rather hurt other teams with saves
  20. Bob Wickman - closer for the braves - Backup if Gagne is a bust
  21. Cliff Lee - 2nd pitcher for the Indians - Not a good pick since I panicked when I picked him
  22. Paul Lo Duca - Catcher for the Mets - Backup for Mauer
  23. Carlos Silva - 3rd pitcher for the Twins - They say he looks like Johan Santana
  24. Ken Griffey Jr - Outfielder for the Reds - Peter Gammons and other folks at ESPN are high on him
  25. Carl Pavano - Starting pitcher for the Yankees - What can I say but he plays for the Yankees.
Overall I am content with my team. I could use a better outfield and a first baseman. Any suggestions.

Well I am done with this blog entry. I am going to go upstairs and spend some time with my wife.

Comments

Rachel said…
Good post! (This is Rachel) The Lord is so patient with us, isn't He?!
Hey, what a day! I hope you got enough rest that night.

About baseball suggestions:
1B: Kevin Youkilis - Red Sox
OF: Austin Kearns - Nationals
OF: Pat Burrell - Phillies

Just some thoughts :)

Popular posts from this blog

A Eulogy for my grandmother

Kashmiri memories

Looking Overseas and Beyond