Pinless Harassment

I know it is hard to be disciplined to blog everyday or every other day since sometimes we don't have time to write, we don't have anything to write about or we are simply not inspired to write. I admit I struggle with it but I also realize that the longer you wait to write then harder it is to blog.

Anyway back to today's blog.

Lately couple of my friends are harassing me that I am pinless and I am not certified. These friends of mine are Sun Java Certified Programmers. They took a certification test for Java 5 and passed it. After they passed the test, Sun Microsystems sent them a certificate, a plastic card and a pin stating that they are certified. If my friends are reading this blog entry then I say to them, "Pinless people can beat people with pins since the they outnumber the 'pinned'." Don't worry I soon shall be pinned. After all Lucas, Java is everywhere including Ubuntu while C# is only in the Windows realm. Lucas please think about the video below when you are coding in C# or VB.net. Before you see the video, check this java code out:

public class JavaRules implements WindowsSucks{
//constructor
public JavaRules(){}

public String pingBillGates(){
return "Sorry, Mr. Gates is busy
making money and bad software."
;
}

public boolean isJavaBetter(String reason){
boolean javaRules = false;
if(reason.equals("cost"))
// it is free
javaRules = true;
else if(reason.equals("cross platform"))
// it is cross platform
javaRules = true;
else
// it is just better
javaRules = true;
return javaRules;
}
}


Here are videos:



Comments

Sr. Fab said…
Hey, I like that programming logic. Maybe java does rule.
Enoch Moses said…
This is what Lucas responded to this blog entry in an email:

Hahaha.

You know... C# exists outside of the windows realm.. And I rarely rarely
code in VB.Net. Your arguments for java being better are irrelavent
since either a) they can't be validated (particularly the last one), or
b) the same is true of c#

For what its worth, there is some problems with your java code. For
starters, the class WindowsSucks is not defined, and there are no
packages being referenced from which it could potentially come from. In
addition, your method 'pingBillGates' contains a line with a
non-terminated string (the one that wraps in your post). The method
'isJavaBetter' could be simplified to simply return true to speed up the
processing. You may also consider renaming the 'pingBillGates' method
to make the class consistent with java bean naming standards.

-Lucas

Popular posts from this blog

A Eulogy for my grandmother

Kashmiri memories

Looking Overseas and Beyond