ManTech Information Systems and Technology

Tuesday January 22nd, 2008, I am starting my new position with the Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) as a SOA Technical Lead. I am excited and nervous at the same time. This is first time I will be working for the government where the US government is my employer. I am looking forward to it. The focus of this blog entry is not about the FAA or about my new job. The focus of the blog entry is about my previous employer ManTech Information Systems and Technology (MIST) which is part of ManTech International.

So far, MIST has been the best company I have ever worked. Here are my reasons:
  • Upper management cares about its employees
  • If you work hard and complete your work on time, you WILL progress in the company.
  • Benefits are great - health, career, 401k, etc., etc
  • Benefits personnel actually work with you
I have also worked for Nor throp Grumman and a small company and by far MIST has been the best. I know alot of people who have returned to MIST since it is such a good company. If you are looking to work for the US Government as a contractor then I highly recommend that you consider ManTech International. It is a great company.

You might be wondering if I enjoyed working for ManTech then why did I leave ManTech. The answer is the I have been offered a unique position at the FAA which will allow me to explore and research technology. There are not a lot jobs in the government contracting world where you can research and prototype systems. If I don't like what I am doing then I will probably return to MIST.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Eulogy for my grandmother

Kashmiri memories

Looking Overseas and Beyond