Quality Street Chocolates

My wife's good friend from Canada brought my favorite chocolates  which are only available in the United Kingdom and Canada (at least that is where I have seen it).  The chocolates are called Quality Street and frankly they are simply delicious.  The Quality Street chocolates come in a container and they are individually wrapped.  The chocolates come in twelve flavors like Coconut Eclaire, Hazelnut Caramel, Chocolate Fudge, etc., and etc.  I still remember when I first ate them. I was four years old and I got my first box when I turned four.  I single handedly finished a 2 lb box of them.  The next day I was sick and eventually had worms. Through the whole ordeal, I thought the chocolates were worth the pain.  Once I moved to India when I was five, my decadent habit was put rest since I never got a hold of them.  My taste buds would occasionally revive when my dad or some other person would send my parents a box of Quality Street chocolates.  After our honeymoon in October 2002, my wife took me to Nova Scotia, Canada so that she should introduce to her college friends.  (I still think she showed me off as a prize trophy to her friends). Anyway I was happy with the trip since I was mildly surprised when I accidently discovered that stores in Canada sold the delectable delights called Quality Street chocolates.  After putting one of these sweet things in my mouth, I have to say that the trip was worth it.  I, later, found out that these chocolates are only found in Canada during the christmas time.  What!!!! A Halifax invention sold in its birth land only during Christmas.  I call that injustice.  Anyway I asked my wife to ask her friend if she would be kind enough to bring box of Quality Street chocolates.  Now three days later and half the box being empty, I still realized that some childhood vices still taste good. I also introduced the chocolates to my three little kids.  Hopefully they will cherish the moment and understand the quality in Quality Street chocolates.  
Here are links about these yummy chocolates:

Comments

Michelle said…
You mean, three days and A COMPLETELY EMPTY box later...

I think Seth enjoys them as much as you do.
mjf said…
If I was guessing who the "prize trophy" in the family was.... well I better not say.

Popular posts from this blog

A Eulogy for my grandmother

Kashmiri memories

Looking Overseas and Beyond