If my mom were alive...

Today if my mom were alive today then she would be sixty years old. Wow! Time flies by fast. My mom Tabitha was born on December 24th, 1947 in New Delhi, India and she passed away on January 2nd, 1992 in Stillwater, Oklahoma. As I look back and I realize that I didn't spend all of my life with her since she was with my dad and brother in the Middle East while I was India. She was part of my life on a full time basis from 1986 till she died. I wish I got to know my mom more however we, as people, have to realize time flies. Before you know it, we are on our deathbed staring at our sad kids, nieces, nephews, grandkids, grand nieces and nephews. The only constant in our temporal life is Christ. His love for us is constant. His presence in my life is constant. I find comfort in that since He is the anchor of my life. I am also comforted by the fact that this is what my mother wanted of my life which is to be a living sacrifice for Christ.

Comments

Michelle said…
The best thing you have with her now are your memories. Cherish and dwell on them during your short stay on earth. Love you.
MPH said…
What joy to know that Believers who have died have only "gone before" and one day we will join them in heaven.

Haley's nephew just said to his Mom, "Since I never met Grandfather I'm not sure I'll recognize him when I get to heaven. Will you point so I'll know which one he is?"

~Carol

Popular posts from this blog

A Eulogy for my grandmother

Kashmiri memories

Looking Overseas and Beyond