My Trip to Philly

This afternoon I drove my mother-in-law back to Philadelphia (Philly) and it was a long drive. First of all we ended up getting lost in Philly and therefore we drove for another hour before we reached our destination, my mother-in-law's home. While driving through Baltimore, I came across two vehicles which had the logo of Enoch Office Equipment. I immediately knew that Enoch Office Equipment, Inc would be very successful or it would be like Enoch in the Bible:
"...he [was] not;..." - Genesis 5:24. My mother-in-law and I also stopped at The Maryland House and we ate Crab Cake sandwiches at Philips' Seafood Express. It was YUM!!!


After dropping her off, I immediately drove back home. The return trip took four hours. It usually takes two and half hours from Philly back to my place. While I was stuck in traffic, I was listening to Howard Eskin's sports talk show on 610 WIP radio station. He talked about the Philly pro sports like the Flyers, Sixers, Eagles and Phillies. Howard's biggest question of the day was whether Philly fans were upset or happy that Peter Forsberg got traded to Nashville. While I was listening to the show, I got the impression that the average Philly fan loves hockey and the Philly fans are passionate about their sports teams. It reminded of my wife who says that Philly people are passionate about anything about Philadelphia. It's a typical blue collar mentality. I am personally thankful for Philadelphia for providing my beautiful wife and Philly Steak sandwiches. Otherwise I always hope that:


  • Redskins slaughter the Eagles

  • Wizards send the Sixers back to 1776

  • Caps zip up those "Fly"-ers

  • Nats spank the Phillies

There was a reason why the US capital got moved from Philadelphia to Washington DC. I will leave it at that.

Comments

Go Enoch Office Equipment and Go Phillies! Ha!

Popular posts from this blog

A Eulogy for my grandmother

Kashmiri memories

Looking Overseas and Beyond