KFC - latin american style

On Saturday afternoon I took my mother-in-law and two of my three kids to the mall while my wife and the newborn rested at home. After going to the Disney store, I decided to try the new chicken place in the mall. The chicken place was called Pollo Campero which is a latin american chicken place. I have to say that I do enjoy latin american cuisine which includes Taco Bell, Baja Fresh, Chipotle and my wife and her family's cuban cooking. I didn't know what to expect from this place since my wife and I have add terrible experiences at chicken places like Popeye's and KFC. However I was surprised on how good the food tasted. I ordered eight pieces of chicken, a side of coleslaw, a side of spanish, one regular Sprite and one regular Horchata. I had my first Horchata in Tulsa, Oklahoma and it tasted quite good however Pollo Campero's horchata didn't taste that good. The food tasted latin and it was slightly spicy. I didn't know how my mother-in-law would like it since she is a "meat and potatoes" gal. To my delight she and my kids loved the food. My kids said, "Yuck!!!" after they tasted the Horchata. I guess Horchata is going to wait to be in our family's beverages of choice. Then again by the time my kids are adults, there might be more latin american things in our society. I guess that is the price we all pay for "globalization".

Comments

Sr. Fab said…
Never heard of Horchata myself. Sounds yucky, like Materva.

Popular posts from this blog

A Eulogy for my grandmother

Kashmiri memories

Looking Overseas and Beyond