Warehousing Service

Web 2.0 is the vision of many technology visionaries where they believe businesses do not have to buy infrastructure but rather depend on services to get their business done. I like Amazon's new web service which is called Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3). Systems can store and retrieve any amount data at a small price ($.15 GB per month). I like this type of service since it is practical and I don't have to buy flash drives or be limited to Yahoo! Briefcase's 30MB. I will most probably purchase this service.

Comments

Sr. Fab said…
That's cool! I think google had the vision first by offering 1GB (now over 2GB) free email while Microsoft was only offering 2MB hotmail accounts and kept shrinking it for free users. Now yahoo and hotmail are forced to follow Google's lead.

I think Jeff Bezos, son of a Cuban exile, had the same kind of vision for Amazon and the internet. Steve Jobs is another visionary.

I always felt it was smarter to offer a service for 5 cents each to millions of Internet users than to try to charge 10-20/month for some service. After all, how many services can the average people afford to subscribe to at that rate? CNN failed in trying to charge 9.95/month to watch their videos.

Popular posts from this blog

A Eulogy for my grandmother

Kashmiri memories

Looking Overseas and Beyond