For the last week

For the last week and a half, I have been driving to Shady Grove metro station and then taking the red line metro to Metro Center and switch over to the blue line metro. I take the blue line metro to L'Enfant Plaza Metro. This trip takes me around 90 minutes. Other than being away from my family for 3 hours and getting up at 5 am, I have been enjoying my commute. The metro trip is a blast since I sit in the seat and ride the Metro. I have don't have to worry about getting stuck in traffic, or make rude hasty judgments who is good driver and who is not. I have also started to enjoy my job. I do a lot of technical stuff like doing analysis on the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) or write Java code or XML. It's been good. I don't have to worry about deadlines. The thing I realized is that you have to be motived with your work or will hate it. This is important when you work as an employee with the US Government since US Government officials are assigned high level tasks and they expect them to be addressed. If you don't do your job then you will be moved to another office. The key to government work is motivation and a constant reminder that your helping out for a greater cause.

Well enough ranting, I need to get up in 6 hours. Good night!

Comments

mjf said…
I would say motivation is pretty important no matter who you work for. If you are doing it for the wrong reasons, that will eventually lead to either poor performance, cheating (depending on the context), or disillusionment followed by bitterness.
Sr. Fab said…
Sounds good. I will contemplate on your motivations motivational blog.

Popular posts from this blog

A Eulogy for my grandmother

Kashmiri memories

Looking Overseas and Beyond