New Market, Maryland


Today I finally decided to take a walk through the downtown district of New Market, Maryland (MD) and visit a few stores. Mind you that I only live 100 yards from the area and I haven't had the time or the desire to visit the stores.

New Market, MD is known for its antiques and other folk art stuff. Eventhough the town itself is not that big, it is a tourist attraction. I enjoy living there because it is peaceful and quite and it is not that far from Baltimore, MD and Washington, DC.

When I was at the stores, I found out that last night the city council approved to annex more land around New Market for more urban development. I am not happy about it since my peaceful and quite town is going to end up as a "burb". Green peace and other environmental groups worry about global warming, deforestation and globalization. I am worried about loosing my small town.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Eulogy for my grandmother

Kashmiri memories

Looking Overseas and Beyond