A Eulogy for my grandmother

On Saturday July 16th, 2011, I gave a eulogy for my grandmother.  Here is the text of the eulogy:


Today I am honored and humbled to talk about my grandmother.  She was a constant presence in my life. From the time I lived with her and her family (while my parents worked in the Middle East) to the time she spent some time with my wife Michelle and me. I could count her for sound advice, an understanding heart and wisdom of ages.  Her walk with the Lord was admirable and the fear of the Lord visible.

Couple of days before she passed away, I spent some time with her and I saw a side of her which I hadn't seen before.  She was a fighter and a person how never gave up. It makes sense now this fighting spirit helped her raise her children into god fearing individuals, parents and grandparents.  As my uncle stated a few days ago, imagine if she wasn't a fighter where would the kids be. Where would I be?

I close now by saying this:
I realize I will see her again but till then I will remember the following:
- Her zeal for the Lord
- Her fear of the Lord
- Her courage for the Lord
- Her patience and loving kindness

I will also try to instill these virtues with my children.  Thanks again for touching our lives and we love you grandma!!

Comments

mjf said…
Nice observations, well said.

Popular posts from this blog

Kashmiri memories

Looking Overseas and Beyond