Prayer Request

Yesterday April 26th, 2008, I decided to take my family to downtown Washington, DC and visit the Native American Museum and the Natural History Museum. We, as a family, went to these museums a few weeks ago however Tabitha, my four and a half year old, didn't get to see the Hope Diamond in the Natural History Museum and we didn't see the whole Native American Museum.

Anyway yesterday, we decided to go to the museums. Well by the end of the trip, we were all exhausted from walking in the eighty degree weather and I was kinda frustrated since the trip didn't go as I had planned. The kids were being kids and I thought I could educate them on Native American history. In the end, the kids wanted to run around and I didn't enjoy our museum excursions. Maybe I wanted my kids to grow up too fast. Now looking back at it, I realize that it was a typical day consisted of parenting our children and leaving Michelle and I, the parents, exhausted and sometimes frustrated. Today at the Lord's supper meeting, this incident reminded me how patient Christ and His Father are patient with us and mostly with me. If you are reading this then please pray for us, Michelle and me, that God give us more wisdom and patience as parents for our three very precious blessings.

Comments

mjf said…
Of course we will -- we already do pray for you all. These frustrations are part of the normal experience of parenting and we understand them too.

Popular posts from this blog

A Eulogy for my grandmother

Kashmiri memories

Looking Overseas and Beyond