Saturday... October 4th, 2008

October 4th, 2008, the wonderful Jean-Baptiste family offered to watch our kids as Michelle and I decided to go on a date. Our last one happened last month (time of my last blog entry). We drove to Bethesda, Maryland and walked in the downtown area. We walked a few blocks before we decided we could both use a good meal. How about Japanese! They make good cars. Right?! Anyway we went to Doraku. The ambiance was pleasant since we were the only ones in the restaurant. We ordered Calamari Tempura with a spicy sauce while I had a Coca Cola Classic (coke) and Michelle had a Ginger Ale. The spicy sauce was lame and the tempura killed the calamari flavor. The coke was the best part. Michelle ordered breaded chicken steak and mashed potatoes and I ordered Philly and Fire Cracker sushi rolls. They were okay. I have had better ones in the Shady Grove area of Rockville, Maryland. In the end, the food was sub-par but the company was great! We then wen to White Flint mall and I bought Michelle her birthday gift, a Nikon D40 and (un)necessary supporting gadgets. Overall I had a good time since Michelle and I were on a date. A rare event in the Moses Family calendar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Eulogy for my grandmother

Kashmiri memories

Looking Overseas and Beyond