Yucky, Girly cereal!

This morning when I was pouring myself a bowl of granola, I noticed there was a box of Barbie cereal on the counter. I then put my bowl of granola and began investigating this "pink" box of cereal. I then saw that Kellogg's made this cereal and the cereal had marshmallows. How low can Kellogg's go to get my precious dollars? I then realized that my wife probably gave in to my daughter Tabitha's demands regarding this cereal. What happened to kids wanting cereal since it had neat toys or a celebrity plastered on the front of the box? I guess I am getting old. I am waiting in a year or two to see my pantry covered with Batman Flakes, Spiderman flakes, Barbie cereal, My Little Pony cereal, and on and on. If this happens then I should go find myself some Redskins Flakes which has burundy and gold rice crispies with Football shaped marshmallows. If Corporate America keeps up with this trend then I wouldn't be surprised in a few years to find G-Flakes-Beta cereal in the cereal isle. (For those who don't know what "G" stands for...G stands for Google)

Comments

mjf said…
d00d -- G-Flakes 2.0 came out last week. Where have you been?
Michelle said…
Hey, I only bought it after seeing the price... and just a little of Tabitha's begging. It cost a mere $.99. I like to go for healthy, but at that price I was willing to bend the rules a little. AND I only bought one box, so really I do have some restraint left in me. :)
Sr. Fab said…
Have you guys seen this recent headline?

Artificial dye concerns

A consumer advocacy group called on the Food and Drug Administration Tuesday to ban the use of eight artificial colorings in food because they have been linked to hyperactivity and behavior problems in children.
Sr. Fab said…
Hey, when are you going to give your review of the new Macbook Pro with OS Leopard?
Fab said…
It's not G-Flakes. It's G-Bits. I eat 'em every morning and get digitized.

Popular posts from this blog

A Eulogy for my grandmother

Kashmiri memories

Looking Overseas and Beyond